Can i qualify for a mortgage if I am a recent owner of a pre-existing business?

I purchased a profitable business 6 months ago and now find myself in a situation of split relationship and am wanting to buy a home of my own.  My partner can refinance the home we both own to relieve me of the liability on our current mortgage but I am concerned that i will not qualify for a mortgage of my own since i am a new business owner. I was working full time until 3 weeks ago when I decided to leave my employer to operate the business full time.  I purchased a business that has been open for 14 years.

July 08 2012 - US

It would be best to contact a lending professional such as a bank loan officer, mortgage broker or other lender for specific advise regarding your situation. There may be some available options for you even if you have less than 2 years of self employment income.
We would first suggest to contact a conventional lender to seek program guidelines and apply for an approval, if a conventional loan is out of the question we would suggest visiting [Promotion and embedded hotlink removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

You will need to self-employed for a minimum of 2 years.