Can listings be noted as Sale Pending, or Under Contact Pending Appraisal or one of 5 selections?

I am very tired of house hunting online, noting a house, doing googlemaps, asking my realtor about it, and having her make calls and check - only to find out the house was sold 1-3 months ago. Its not my fault a house takes a long time to close but it should nto be listed as available. It should be REQUIRED by all online sellers that a house is Sold, Under Contract Pending Appraisal, Under Contract on a Contingency Basis expiring x date, etc.  I am really really really sick of this and it makes me not want to house hunt.  It goes the same with For Sale signs in front of houses  - turns out half  of those aren't available either.  I have seen this occur for MONTHS after a home is sold. its ridiculous. It needs to stop.
  • April 11 2013 - Buffalo
  • 0

Profile picture for kpbt
  • kpbt
Go to mlsli.com for the real available listings.  No realtor is needed.  When the home goes to contract it must be taken off the mlsli.com site.

It is very frustrating!  I tell my buyers to STOP looking online if they're working with me, and let me send them houses that are really available.  Frequently the information they find online isn't up to date, and everyone gets upset.  Realtors have a few days to change the status of a sold house in the MLS, and it sometimes takes a long time for this to reflect on Zillow and similar sites (which, by the way, is out of the control of agents). Your Realtor should sit down with you, find out exactly what you want, and send you current, available listings that match what you are looking for.  Let your Realtor do the work for you!

I agree that it's frustrating.  Search from a direct feed into the MLS, not from Zillow, Trulia, etc.  Google "MLS Buffalo".  One of your local brokerages will have a feed on their site.  Technically, the seller's agent has a time period within which they have to update their listings but it doesn't always happen.  Good luck and hang in there!

Your realtor should be sending you all listings that you might be interested in and are available.  Zillow and a lot of online sites don't update like they should.  Have your realtor send you all new listings and available listings.  I do it with my clients and tell them not to even look at these sites because they drive me crazy wanting to look at a property that is already sold.  My website is current and updates every 24hrs. www.realestatewny.com  Happy House Hunting!!!