Profile picture for jjisjack

Can my lender evict me from my home ?

My lender and my real estate agent (lender's wife) left a notice today on my door stating the following,

notice to vacate December 01, 2011 per the recorded forfeiture papers, you have 5 days to vacate, any personal left after the time, you can arrange pick up, any pets left on the premesis after December 08, 2011 can be picked up at the humane society.

Is this legal? Can he come on my property and take my dogs to the humane society even though I own the house ? What exactly does this mean, does anyone know ?
  • December 02 2011 - North Mountain
  • 0

Profile picture for Caveat Emptor
I think we need the who, what, when, where, why and how if you have any hope of an answer regarding whether or not you can be and are being evicted. I also think Tiffany is probably your best hope of answering the question and that if she says "consult an attorney" you had better consult an attorney. Preferably one specializing in real estate.

If it is a legal eviction, they will most likely show up with the sheriff and force you out. Anything that you take with you, including your dogs will be 100% yours to keep. The items left in the house will become forfeit after a certain amount of time. By the tone of the notice, I would say that whether or not you "own the house" is, at the very least, being contested by the poster of said note.

Is this a notice of foreclosure?  If so, then they will be able to remove you from the home with the sufficient paperwork and notice.  Have you had any communication withthe lender before this?  If so, what did they say to you.  The lender does notify you before they foreclose.

You really need to speak to an attorney. Agents likely won't be able to answer this question.

You need to understand more what the recorded forfeiture papers are.   Have you not received a copy?   

Have you been paying your mortgage in full, on time, every month?