Can my undocumented fiance and I (US citizen) apply for a house together?

My fiancé and I want to buy a house. He is undocumented and I am a citizen. Will the bank allow his income to be counted as mine in order to qualify?

Our wedding is in a month and we are starting the proper documentation to obtain his residency.

We are in a time crunch since our landlord has decided to sell our house and we don't want to sign a year lease and have to wait to buy a home

• August 19 2013 - US
  • 0

Now when you say undocumented I assume you mean undocumented in the United States? I ask because we offer financing to foreign nationals of all backgrounds. Now he will have to qualify just like you but in qualifying him we will end up using the documentation from his home country. Do you have an idea on how much you'll both want to put towards the purchase as well as how much home you wish to buy (purchase price and down payment)? Let me know as I will be happy to assist you however I can.

Profile picture for BartGabe
Does your fiancé have ITIN#? We do ITIN loans nationwide. Contact me hrough my profile.

Profile picture for Ben Sepian
We sell to undocumented foreign national all the time, but should you decide to include him on the purchase be prepared to put 50% down and do business with a foreign investor owned bank such as a Chinese bank but also be prepared to pay a rate equal to a minimum of 2% higher rate than market.