Profile picture for SunnyvaleHomeBuyer

Can someone share their opinion on new development called Mondrian in Sunnyvale

I am interested in knowing realtors' opinion about this community in terms of the location, pros/cons. We liked the model homes but have questions regarding the surrounding neighborhood and the fact that the construction is in phase one. Also, what is the impact on existing home when other lots in the community are under construction. Thanks!
  • February 07 2009 - Sunnyvale
  • 0

Profile picture for space_acer
With prices projected to fall, its no longer profitable to build.

http://www.housingbubblebust.com/OFHEO/Major/NorCal.html

Profile picture for millerjones
This project has been shelved in the past. I drive by it because I live in Sunnyvale and evertime I go out tow Hwy 85 there it is. It had shut down for I think 6-9 months. It looks back on track with the new signs and activity of work. But if you park and look around the site there really are not to many workers. Looks like a small crew. This would tell me they are going to be built rather slow. So to answer your questions about the impact on existing homes whe other lots are under construction. If you work from home or you have someone in the family who is home most of the day. This will drive you nuts. Most of the sites under construction have smaller crews working and they are buidling slower only because the demand for these projects are down. When you can buy a single family home for the same price with a yard of course this has driven the demand down. Shea does build solid homes.