Can we put our listings on our Facebook profile?

August 16 2009 - US

Nick,

That's a good idea.  I will keep it in mind.  Thanks.

I agree with Dustin. Facebook is a great resource to build and maintain relationships, but with most social media platforms, people will be turned away with they feel that someone is promoting themselves for personal profit.

One approach I've seen that's had some success is the use of Group Pages for individual listings. You can link these from your business Fan Page and include property photographs, description, etc. Keep in mind that people love exclusivity...So, if you can offer a video of the home or surrounding neighborhood that can only be viewed at the Group Page, it incentives your friends and family to want to check it out.

Hope that helps!

From what I've heard and experienced with facebook, I have decided not to do such things.  I've been told to use facebook for social networking, not to drown your friends with business talk.  I just socialize on it and occasionally remind people that I'm in the business.  Just my opinion.

If you want to put listings up, you can either link to them on your status or start a photo album for each listing and it will be sent as an update to your friends that you have new pics up.