Profile picture for msjackie39

Can we still do a Harp loan?

I removed my "ex-husband" from title with a quitclaim this past December 2013 ( we divorced 3 yrs ago) and it was stated in the divorce decree I have the home.  I'm not on the loan but I am and have always been on title.  Can we still do the harp loan and just put him back on title at closing?  Or should I add him back ahead of time?  We can do the loan as a "2nd home" if needed.....
Thanks, Marilou   
  • February 13 2014 - Cleveland
  • 0

In order to complete a HARP loan, the only way to remove a borrower from the loan is if one of the original borrowers remains on the loan.  It sounds like he is the only person currently on the loan.  You would not be able to use a HARP program to remove him if he is the only person on the loan.  You would need to complete a standard refinance to have him removed.  Inbox my profile if you have any additional questions.  Thank you!

Your "ex-husband" will need to be on the loan.  I'm sure you could add him back on title at closing.  I am sorry you cannot not have him on the loan!

Loan would need to be in his name and you can be a co-borrower.  You cannot do the loan without him.