Profile picture for ggarza3364

Can you all find homes tthat can be owner finance?

I am needing a 4 bedroom home in the callallen area....I am currently working on my credit but its not where it needs to be....I do have adown pymt...can you all help me?
  • September 02 2014 - Calallen
  • 0

unfortunately there is no one source for owner finance homes that I'm aware of. Agents that have access to mls will be able to search by that field. However a lot owner finance sellers choose to sell themselves, so this may be the one instance the paper or craigslist may be valuable. Either way get yourself a good agent.

"I just don't want to be throwing money away in renting and im afraid that my credit wont go uup quick enough."

Renting is NOT throwing money away if you are not ready to buy. Property taxes are not cheap in Texas and some places it is less expensive to rent and save until your credit is ready. I would run the numbers on the rent vs buy calculator and see. 

You can raise your credit is a fairly short time by targeting areas for improvement. There is a lot of great free information on raising credit on the MyFICO forum. Buying can be great and good stability if your finances are ready, but anyone who says it is always better to buy is probably selling something.

Profile picture for ggarza3364
I understand, I just don't want to be throwing money away in renting and im afraid that my credit wont go uup quick enough.....So can you find any homes that an be owner finance?

While you are repairing your credit, think about renting something that will allow you to save more of a down payment.  The more money you have to secure the property the better off you will be.