Profile picture for rockaf

Can you fix

I have been researching renting an apartment in Washington DC area and have found allot of scammers on your site.  They are easy to spot when requesting information regarding the apartment through your on-line messaging/email, I get an email stating that I need a dedicated bank account.  After the second contact to see what their reasoning is, they always relate it is because they are not in the states.  They are plugging up your web site and causing havoc with those that are not knowledgeable about how the scammers operate.

The scammers would greatly decrease if you reviewed the listing... maybe even have a pre-qualifying ip address from those using your web site.
  • October 10 2011 - Washington
  • 0

I think that you are right. Scammers in rentals are rampant on many online sites. Your idea of screening IP addresses for those posting rentals would seem to be a good one.

It would not prevent all fraud since some of these scammers are in the states, but it might cut it down a bit. I hope Zillow will consider it.