Can you recommend a Los Angeles realtor who can help me through a relocation? Starting from scratch.

We are repatriating back to the US from a two year assignment in China. On top of this, we are relocating from No Cal to So Cal. I have one week at the beginning of March to look at communities and figure out where we will settle when the time comes this summer. I have done homework on school districts, crime, prices, etc. I would hate to have to meet with different people in different territories. Does this agent service even exist?
  • January 24 2013 - Los Angeles

You might have some difficulty with the Northern California vs Southern California part of your search, simply because Real Estate is local and a Los Angeles Realtor may not be familiar with Northern California, and you are talking about a huge distance. As a matter of fact, if you are thinking about Orange County, that is also a distance and you will need a Realtor for that area as well.
I recommend you start here, and  obtain a good referral for Northern California area, if and when you decide.
You might also consider a few sightseeing trips to the particular cities that you like, so you can get the "lay of the land" so to speak. I would  not expect this to be a quick exercise.
Look for a Realtor here that has years in the city because Los Angeles can be quite difficult, and you have to know the areas and the schools in order to provide excellent service.
  • January 10

Profile picture for StuartSantana
Greetings,

I was born and raised in the Los Angeles area.  I have lived in Davis (college years) up north, Washington D.C and returned to LA county in 2005 (I live about a 12 minute drive from downtown LA).  While growing up in LA my parents moved us around quite a bit (I went to 4 different elementary schools!) within LA County, so I was "forced" to learn my way around various neighborhoods/areas.  Choosing a full time career in real estate just made a lot of sense considering my background.

I would love for the opportunity to talk to you (no obligation) to hear more about your particular scenario.  If I can be of service I will tell you, and if not, I will happily refer you to another agent that primarily works your area(s) of interest.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

Hi I am a Certified Relocation Specialist who has personally relocated from the East Coast (Boston,MA) to the Los Angeles area about 17+ years ago. I am very familiar with the challenges. Please reach out to me directly for a private discussion.

Endre Barath,Jr.
Prudential California Realty
Beverly Hill, CA
[deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for ScottBROKER209
Relocation is a challenging process!  Most agents are not trained in assisting buyers with this service, so be cautions when choosing a realtor.

Because So. Cal. is such a busy and complex market, I would have to talk with you first in order to direct you in the right direction.  Being a relocation specialist, I can tell you that your agents job is complicated...Helping you simply find a new home is just the beginning.

Do you have children? Does your spouse have requirements? Will your company be using a relocation advisor? what activities does the family participate in? These are simply a couple thoughts I would talk about in order to help you find the right 'district' as well as make the move an overall rewarding process.

Good luck and reach out if you need more guidance.

Scott Cary-Broker

I would love to have a conversation with you before you commit to a realtor.  I have been an agent in Los Angeles for over 7 years and am familiar with a variety of areas including all Westside submarkets, South Bay, San Fernando Valley, and Mid-City.  I would be able to suggest areas or give you my opinion on the locations you have researched.  

I don't want to waste your time, so if I am not familiar with your areas of interest or if I think that it would make more sense for you to rent based on your budget, I will tell you.  I would be very interested in the opportunity to speak to you.  My contact information is below. 
Thanks, Reid

Reid Kaplan
Broker Associate/Realtor®
License # 01711288
Keller Williams Realty

Profile picture for JamieTian

I am a REALTOR in Los Angeles and I can help you through your relocation process. I am happy to help you research areas in Southern California where your family will be able to settle down comfortably and help you look for properties that fit your requirements.

Please feel free to contact me anytime with questions at [deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Best Regards,

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty