Can you rent a home in Virginia without a creddit check?

Am relocating from New Jersey to Virginia with my employer... but haven't had any luck finding homes due to credit check and pet retrictions.. Here in Jersey must places dont do credit check for apartment or house rental so its new to me. Please help!!! 
  • March 27 2013 - Ashland

Let me suggest you try a private owner. They might be able to assist you with a home to rent. Private owners are more likely to assist in these situations than companies who work with owners. Real Estate companies have to pull credit but private owners do not in many cases. Try there.

I have found rentals that allow my dogs but the mayor problem is my credit.. most things on  there are soo old i forgot it even existed and iam currently financing a car sooo my credit is the only thing holding me back from renting my dream home. I have contacted several agents and agencys and no luck :( 

Profile picture for Carmen Gill
Not knowing the situation in detail about the credit but yes, most companies/agents do.  However, if you explain in writing to the prospect why your credit is damaged/not built yet, it will help you. There are areas and homes that are pet friendly as well.  You just have to weed thru them.  Hope this helps you.