Profile picture for jinxmd

Can you update your valuation of my home?

My insurance agent was here yesterday and reappraised the replacement cost of this home. (3468 S. Clubview Terrace, Bisbee, Az. 85603) at $646,613.97. Cost per finished sq. ft. at 215.54 This does not include land value. This is a custom built home
I don't know where Zillow gets their info from where they valued it at 202,000. There are no comparative homes in this area.
If you will give me your email address I can forward to you the report from American Family Insurance as to the above.
My email  jinxmd@yahoo.com
Robert Schwartz
  • June 14 2013 - Bisbee
  • 0

Profile picture for blue screen exile
Zillow's estimates are "automated", thus sending your report from your insurance company would not be relevant, especially as insurance companies insure for replacement cost, not "present market value".

Zillow provides a place for you to post your own estimate and explanation.  Zillow does not provide an appraisal service, and doesn't have staff to do 300 million FREE "licensed appraisals" every week.

Zillow heavily weights the last sold price adjusted for sold date in their estimating method, thus if you purchased an empty lot and built on it, the estimate would not properly reflect the improvements done since purchase.

For more specifics about what the estimates cannot do, read Zillow's FAQ:
"what is a Zestimate?"

Profile picture for RizaB
  • RizaBZillow
Hi Robert -

Updates to your home facts will be contributed to your property's Zestimate,however,if those are not significant enough , your Zestimate may not change.In some cases, the altered data will affect the estimates slowly over about a two-month time period.

For the meantime, what I can suggest is for you to update your home information. You can do this by going to the home details page, hover mouse over "Edit" and click "Edit home information".

For more information about our website you can visit Zillow Help Center.

Riza B.