Canceling offer and re-offering

I made an offer on a home that I really liked for 10k more than the asking price. After the inspection, the report indicated that the roof would need to be replaced in the next two or three years. I asked that the seller replace the roof and they refused . I couldn't believe that they refused this after I offered more than they were asking. I withdrew my offer just before my due diligence date because I was upset by this and a few days have gone by and the home is back on the market for the original listing price. I want to make another offer on the home again for the listing price; is this a bad decision? What can I do so that my offer is accepted again?
  • December 07 2012 - US

Put an offer at listing price, and no contingencies since you already know what the issues are.  Good luck!

This post should be in "Buying Process"

Profile picture for Cindy Quinton
Some of the banks have started to be reluctant to do ANY re-negotiating after an initial offer has been reached. I am assuming you offered more than asking because there were other offers or you thought their might be soon? 

Make an offer at full asking price with no contingencies.

You've put your post in "buying a foreclosure", so when buying a foreclosure figure that they won't do any repairs and very little negotiation on price if you discover more surprises.