Profile picture for Johnkel

Candlestick Park to get demolished for Codos

Lennar Corp. is planning to build a retail, residential and office complex at the site and the former Hunters Point Shipyard. Process wouldn't begin until after football season is over. In terms of investment for Condos...would it be wise to wait for a 2-3 year completion for investment or would you recommend buying elsewhere around the city while interest rates are low? I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this topic.

Much Appreciated
  • July 08 2013 - San Francisco
  • 0

I too would suggest buying sooner than later, although finding anything to buy in the city right now will be the challenge.  Inventory is so low that it is literally a bidding war on most properties that come available.  I have a client that just listed there 900 square foot home in the avenues at 799k.  there were 100 people that came through the first open house.  The closest comp was at 700k and it went for 830k. 

A transitional area my be the key, and getting involved now to see what is available and feasibility is a good idea   Rates are going up and the home buying landscape is not going to change in the city.

A good Realtor is one key right now.  I have good resources, if you need them get in touch.

I would not recommend waiting for the Lennar project to be completed.  Many factors can (and will) change during such a long period.  I suggest buying while rates are low.  It may be wise to focus on areas of the city that are transitional.   I hope that helps.