Profile picture for anon246

Cannot figure out how to post fraud on a rental property..

Cannot figure out how to post fraud on a rental property...

I inquired about this house on another site and received a very fishy email that I see another poster on Zillow has posted about, however I cannot find where I report fraud.

The house in question: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/423-N-Arthur-St-South-Bend-IN-46617/94568896_zpid/#

Another report of fraud on this person (same exact email, word for word & they used the same phone number): http://www.zillow.com/advice-thread/How-do-I-report-Fraud-There-is-a-scam-going-on-on-your-site/400173/

Thanks. I just thought you should know.

February 01 2012 - Northeast

Best Answer
I am glad to hear that you were not scammed and that you want to let other people know. You can alert Zillow to the scam by using the yellow "edit pencil to "report problem with listing" under the home photo on the home page for 423 N Arthur Street, South Bend, IN here.  Then choose the "rental scam" in that menu.

If you received a fishy email, email address, or person's name, consider posting them here. Many people have avoided scams by googling that information and ending up on Zillow. Doing that really helps others avoid the scam.

February 01 2012
anon246 -

We appreciate you reporting this fraud listing to us.

We will take down the listing and remove it from source to prevent it from being re-posted.

Ice

February 01 2012
Profile picture for anon246
Thanks, sunnyview.  I reported it to Zillow.

Here is the email I received from "Cara Brenneman" cara.brenneman@yahoo.com:

-----
How are you doing today?Thanks for the email and interested in renting my house..Actually I resided in the house with my family before and presently we have moved out

due to my transfer to London UK . Presently my house is still available for rent for $450 (rent already includes utilities).You can go by today and take a look if you

like what you see get back to me asap I will also want to tell you that the neighborhood is secured and the people staying there are good people, i bet you like the

neighborhood. I will Attached the rent application form to you as soon as you get back to me.

This is the details of the house..
Location: South Bend, IN 46617
Stress Address:423 Arthur St
Property Type :Single-Family Home
Bed & Bath:2 Bedroom, 1 Bath
Liveable Space:~ 1,908 Square Feet
Price / Rate:$450 Per Month
Security Deposit:$450
Pets Allowed: Dogs&Cats

Features
Air Conditioning, Fireplace, Refrigerator,Dishwasher,Garage,Washer & Dryer, Outside Smoking OK, Yard.

The house is available for rent at the moment so you are free to move in as soon as you wish...A Deposit of $450(which happens to be the security deposit) is required

before moving in...Feel free to call me for more information and arrangements on how to get the keys and other necessary documents delivered to you.The house will be

available for rent for a period of 3 years so you have a choice of deciding how long you intend staying there...

Regards
Cara Brenneman
+447011137045
+447045758900
-----

Google searching for the phone number is what confirmed my suspicion of it being a scam.

February 01 2012