Profile picture for coolnight

Central A/C Installation Cost

I have a 2300 sq. ft. house that is fairly well insulated (about 15 years old).
I'm wondering what the cost would be to install central A/C. The house already has duct work for forced hot air. I am not looking for a hight SEER rating. I just want to be reasonably comfortable and lower the humidity.
  • June 26 - Pinehurst
  • 0

Profile picture for DebVance
You didn't mention the type of house, one or two story, how many zones.  If it's a one story, I would say at least a thousand or more depending on the unit and the size that you need. 2300 square feet probably definitely more than a thousand actually.  It also depends on the furnace because they have to put something on there, a condenser or something but I could be wrong.  Obviously not an HVAC guy.  Just get more than one estimate and be careful because there are some bad HVAC guys out there so look for someone reputable. Watch for rebates, too.  My sister had it installed last year and got some rebates on her taxes. Good luck.  You'll love central A/C.
  • June 26