Profile picture for backinusny

Changing addresses constantly on credit report DOES THIS LOWER SCORE?????

My husband and I own three homes, our primary residence and a weekend country home in a neighboring state and a lake house that we use a few times a year in Gwinnett County Georgia. 
My credit monitoring service CONSTANTLY emails me alerts my address has changed, I suppose it is as we get certain magazines and bills at each house.  All three scores are 800s but does this affect our credit?  This email of address change does come enveloped in the potential negative alerts section. 
Our homes are paid for which is not tax friendly LOL so I always keep my score high as you never know when a special place will come along that you might wish to mortgage and reap tax advantages from so I DO CARE!  Our scores are all still 800s but low 800s and nothing has changed with our finances since they were all a few points from the absolute top score consistently for several years.
I wondered if this constant change of address between the three houses is affecting our score badly.  THX!!!!!
  • August 15 2011 - Plaquemine
  • 0

I'm guessing the reason that they notify you is in case it's false information that's not you. If it's reporting someone else's address, it may be reporting other negative information from someone else; it could be "potentially" negative.

Good thinking, sounds like you know what you're doing!

Profile picture for shapiroamg
Low 800s is a great score so no worries there. Also the scores you might see from a credit service may be different from what we might see due to different scoring models. The different addresses may be due to opening or applying for credit using your different addresses. Everytime you apply for credit, the address you put as your mailing or home will be logged into the file.

Profile picture for backinusny
THX we are baffled (as to) why our scores have fallen to low 800s when they were all within ten points of the respective top scores of the three agencies and nothing has changed without finances at all.  I thought that the computer flipping our address between our three homes all the time might have been the culprit of this.
METRO ATLANTA IS THE MOST FABULOUS PLACE ON EARTH! I wish we could live there full time!

If you do not see your scores being affected I wouldn't worry about it. When you want to worry about it is when the address alert is not 1 of the 3 addresses, that means someone has your identity and is applying for credit in your name and will have all correspondence mailed to them so you do not see it. Always use your primary residence when applying for any credit, I assume you do.