Profile picture for vh743772

Changing mortgage Broker

Did a credit App 3weeks ago, my husbands middle score was 710, mine 690...wanted a VA loan..they sent me pamphlets and welcome aboard letters...haven't heard from them in 3 weeks..no late payments, no collections, no charge offs..$94,000 annual income $1209 a month going out they, won't return emails...is this normal???
  • July 25 2014 - Glendale
  • 0

Wow, not cool at all.  At least send you a text right, hopefully you are ready to move on and not discouraged to still purchase.  It should not take you this long to hear back from underwriting.  If you would like to go over your scenario please reach out to me through my profile. 

Profile picture for Arizona Mortgage Pro
Run, don't walk, away from this lender. Any correspondence should be returned within 1 business day, that is mortgage 101. You sound like great mortgage candidates (assuming otherwise qualified) and should look for someone else who will value your time.

I'm local if you want to reach out to me directly. 

Not normal at all.  Maybe the loan officer is no longer with the company? Try to talk to their supervisor or manager.  There are strict rules and regulations in place.  Did you get disclosures regarding the loan or just welcome information?  All of the criteria mentioned above sounds like your are prime candidate.  Thanks for the service to the country also!  Any of us are here to help.

Profile picture for DavidK22
No this is not normal.  If I were you I would use a local lender, that understands your needs. 

Profile picture for Academy Mortgage AZ
It shouldn't be normal, but unfortunately there are a lot of companies out there that don't provide adequate service.

If it's been 3 weeks and you haven't heard from the lender that's a major warning sign that you should be looking else where. I recommend talking to a local licensed mortgage banker that is available 24/7 and returns any messages same day.

Jake

You should have a respond within 24 hours from them receiving your information. Everything is online.
My suggestion is to use a local broker whit a physical address. If it was done online, it is a wild jungle.