Checking if these are foreclosures / short sales / bank owned / pending, or just regular sale?

5501 Demarcus Blvd, #408, Dublin, CA
4311 Clarinbridge Cir, Dublin, CA
3290 Macquire Way, Apt 101, Dublin CA
4396 Hibernia Dr #88, Dublin CA

Also, are those "pending" are "untoucheables"??
  • August 03 2012 - Dublin

Hello,  I want to comment on the schools listed in the cities you posted.
Fremont has 6 schools in the top 10 for highest API scores and Castro Valley has 2 for Alameda county.  In Contra Costa county San Ramon has 4 schools in the top 10. 

To your question on ranking these area's,  My,,, ranking would go like this and its my personal preference...
Pleasanton, San Ramon, Dublin, Castro Valley, Fremont.

You can use my website to search homes for sale in all of these cites.
[website deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Contact me if you need any help and happy house hunting.

Thanks so much Lloyd (or Felix? can go either way!?)
I'm new to this environment, and got confused with the phrase "Pending"
Elsewhere, people called it "Under Contract"? to mean a potential buyer has already hooked up with the Seller and some sort of attorney exchange has taken place, quite close to closing out the deal/transaction.
Not sure if it means the same thing for "Pending" in this area.

But it sounds to me I should not inquire anything which has been labelled "Pending"?

Also, the general consensus is try to avoid "Short Sales".  Then how about foreclosures? Esp. you mentioned "inventory is low."  Does that also mean this is a good area?  Or kind of seasonal? If so, should I just wait until it tones down? Or, you'll say, "low is low, it won't tone down!"

Also, can you give some opinion to compare / rank these areas?

Dublin
Pleasanton
San Ramon
Fremont
Castro Valley

Criteria are: safe & quiet neighborhood, good re-sale value, good schools, easy to commute forth & back Hayward (Union City), variety of choice around only 300K.

It could be a tall order, see how it could work through.

Best!!

Good Morning

Here is the status of these properties:
Demarcus  Active listing, Below Market Rate, Affordable Housing, you must meet maximum income levels to qualify
Clarinbridge  Short Sale
Macquire  Pending, Regular Sale
Hibernia Short Sale, Pending Subject to Bank Approval

Are you looking specifically in this area?  There are quite a few of these properties that are Short Sales or will be Bank Owned.  

Right now inventory levels are extremely low.  I would suggest that you look at everything. Right now there are no deals on REOs or short sales.

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can provide any assistance.