Profile picture for bdflach

Closing Costs

I am selling my home in North Fargo which happens to be very popular neighborhood where I have seen homes sell in a day last summer. http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/409-23rd-Ave-N-Fargo-ND-58102/66542744_zpid/

That's my house. I am looking to sell to my friend (private sale) for a very reasonable price (140k) He asked about closing costs but I told him that I'd get back to him. For the price I'm asking I don't think it would be unfair for him to pay but I'm looking for other opinions. What do you all think?
  • April 10 2014 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for bdflach
If I listed it on the open market I'm guessing I'd get an offer for 145k  plus buyer pays closing I just don't want to seem greedy or cheat myself any. I suppose I just tell my buddy what I want and go from there. Thanks for your advise.

Profile picture for John Steeby
Everything in real estate is negotiable and there's always lots of mitigating factors. Is your property priced correctly so that you could sell it in an arm's length transaction should your friend bail on the offer?  (I assume nothing has been put in writing yet...oh, those pesky friends)

I once had a client tell me he didn't want to give the buyer a $1,500 credit. My seller was willing to walk away from a $350,000 sale. I told my client that by walking away, he was, in effect, saying that $1,500 is more than $350,000.

Good luck on the sale.