Profile picture for jdipace

Color of roof help?

Hey everyone,

We closed on our house in July and are in the process of getting estimates for a new roof. The trouble we are having is picking a roof color. Sorry you can't see the whole home in the picture but with a ton of snow right now, I can't take a newer better photo. Anyway, there is so much brown on the house that we were trying to go with a different color but not sure it will work. Do you think brown is our only real option? I am also hoping to redo the gutters with either copper or copper color aluminum.

• January 22 2014 - US
  • 0

You could still do copper gutters if you wanted since real slate roofed houses often have copper gutterwork.

This tudor in Buffalo has a slate roof and copper gutters.

Profile picture for jdipace
thanks for the help! If I was to go with a slate gray color what color would you do the gutters then?

Profile picture for Chris Gubb
Wow Sunnyview..great suggestion. I was inclined to say "stick with the brown" But you have surely changed my mind. I'm loving this grey roof and the option it opens up
Good luck JDIPace

Chris Gubb

I would consider a medium slate grey.

Doing that color can also open up other paint combinations that look good on tudors, but are not limited to the traditional almond and brown.

AAA Roofing and Gutter Services

Good Afternoon,

I wanted to take a moment and introduce our company to you; we would be happy to come out and show you samples and help with any questions you may have. We are based out in Los Angeles, where is your home?

[self promotion deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]