Commute Times

Both I and my husband commute and we wish that there was a way to add commute information to a user profile so the average commute time can be viewed on a house and be filtered on.

For example:

Profile - A user would add an addresses to their profile as well as the time and days they use this address.

• Name: Work
  • Address: 123 Anywhere Rd. Town, ST 00029
  • Days: M/T/TH/F
  • Arrival Time: 7AM
  • Departure Time: 5pm

Single Home's Page - The user could see the average commute time to the address.

• Commute to Work: 24min
  • Commute from Work: 32min

Main Map Page The user could filter on the commute values.

Commute Times

• Max-Commute Time to Work: :45

Type of commute would also be in the filter. Is this by car, walking, or public transportation.

A user could add multiple address to their profile and filter by any or all and see the commute time for each address.

As far as times, Arrival Time & Departure Time could be just 'Time' and then users would have to create a 'To Work' address and a 'From Work" address on their own.

This would make house hunting much more productive. I spend so much of my time going back and forth between google maps and zillow.

• September 14 2013 - US

Profile picture for nico robin
Hi! I've been navigating Zillow's website for quite sometime now and I've noticed that there maybe a feature sort of similar to what you are suggesting. I just don't know if this is a new feature or not. There is a Walk Score link available just at the bottom of the neighborhood map, if you click on the number you will be directed to the walk score website where you are provided information about the travel/commute time to and from the certain area.

That sounds like an excellent feature for a site like www.walkscore.com.    I notice that google directions gives driving times for different conditions.  60 miles can be any where from an hour to 4 hours on one route I checked.

walkscore has been on Zillow for several years, but who cares about walking to the coffee shop when commuting has the potential to eat up huge amounts of every day.

I'd rather just use Google Maps. It provides the ability to select different routes - which would just not be reasonable with a site like Zillow.