Profile picture for dawsonle

Comp and realtor?

Can the  buy realtor change the price of the sold house to make the comp to misleading the buyer?

November 18 2010 - US

Comps should be provided from the local Multiple Listing Services which is not affiliated with any one agent or brokerage but a service subscribed to by many.  Comps are further backed up by the bank's appraisal and local tax records. 

Profile picture for dawsonle
I work with a realtor and he email for me the comp to look after we saw the house.  But these house LP and SP are the same or SP a little higher.  It seem to me impossible for me in this market.   I know for fact a friend of mine just brought the the same zip code bigger than the house I look around 1000 sp with the price cheaper than the house I look.  Both is foreclosure.  that why I ask this question.  Thank for an answer.

They should be providing you with multi comps.  The comps that are pulled would be about the same ones that the listing agent would choose for the seller.  I say about the same because it is personal opinion as to which comps are most like the subject property.
I usually sit down with the buyers when we're writing up the offer and we look at the comps together on the computer.  I print copies for them at that time.
Good Luck,
Christine

If I understand your question correctly. The answer is no. This is why escrow is used when buying or selling real estate. Escrow acts as the neutral 3rd party to make sure the transaction is completed fairly and everyone is in agreement before the transaction is closed. After it closes there is nothing else to be done.