Profile picture for RPEVERS1

Considering buying a rental property in Palm Harbor

I have a family member that currently rents a home in Palm Harbor.   I have visited in recent years and find the neighborhood reasonably attractive for the price she's paying.  It's not sea side, but is connected to a country club and I believe there are age requirements... its tied to a retirement community.

In any case, she says owner wants to sell so I'm considering buying the house as an investment, future home.   I'm a considerable distance from south florida, but obviously having an immediate tenet seems to make it a good opportunity.

Anything to consider or particular advice before I begin looking into this? 

• August 20 2013 - Palm Harbor
  • 0

You bet there are many things to consider.
Which one's apply to your situation depends on the rules governing the community.
Often such communities contain poision pills to discourage investors and some have assessments, monthly fees or required memberships that make it a less desirable investment property for those who are profit minded.

Palm Harbor University High School has proven to be a real value retainer for real estate in the area. As you noted, the location of the community to the Gulf of Mexico, parks, golf courses and resources make it an incredible location.

Give me a call with the address and I'll invest a little research on your behalf.
Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
Real Estate Made EZ
FREMEZ