Profile picture for jb motors

Contract Verbage-Selling agent is requesting to cross out liquidated damages due to verbage

Selling agent asked me to cross off lines 552-559 and initial it, Im unsure of why she asked this and how it changes the contract? could someone please simplify this for me?

picture upload

• February 01 2014 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
I read it like Mack did, looks like they wish to retain the right to sue for more than the earnest money for some reason. I am assuming it is the sellers agent asking this, a selling agent would be the buyers agent in my mind. I am wondering if the seller is a lawyer, they always think it wise to cross through this and that on a contract. BTW, I would refuse to do it.

Ask the person who asked you to cross if off, and ask your buyer's agent for clarification.    If very uncomfortable with their explanations, then it is  attorney time. 

My read, JB? I'm not an attorney, but I think that the seller wants to retain the right to sue if the buyer defaults.