Profile picture for Jim_Andreu

Correcting non factual statements regarding a home

Sometime in the last month, Zillow has put our home into pre-foreclosure. I am not sure why. We have never missed a payment and have excellent credit. Our lender CItibank thinks we are great people... but there it is. They also listed my wife as the attorney. Oddly, her address is somewhere in California, so I wake up asking myself "Who is this woman, laying next to me?".  I've asked them to correct it twice and my emails are - as of yet - unanswered. Does anyone know of a way to jerk these jar heads out of complacency and actually correct the listing?
  • November 15 2012 - Concord
  • 0

Best Answer

Have you tried clicking on the tiny white flag at the right end of the row where you see the words "foreclosure information"?    This flag links the concern with the house address as well as "foreclosure".   Customer service appears  to be sorting out these errors from their data providers within a few business days.

Profile picture for Jim_Andreu
I clicked on the little white flag and all the foreclosure gibberish disappeared! Thank you very much!

Profile picture for Jim_Andreu
Thanks for your concern. I will do that. I was just hoping that Zillow would step up to the plate and make sure the web site reflected accurate information. If they don't it's certainly a reflection of their professionalism. If they cannot state facts, I have no reason to want my house listed on their page.

Hi Jim,

I am Very sorry for your problem, and to hear whats happend with your home. I Dont think Zillow has Anything to do with the actual home on the other hand. The listings they have on Z come from agents who use the Mulitple Listing Service (MLS), and basically put them on here, from what they have. If you can see the home on there, call the agent who comes up and have them speak to their Z rep and get it OFF.. Thats Crazy ! As far as your wife, and the attorney thing, I am afraid I cant help you there.
Tim Hartwig