Profile picture for sharon12

Cost of Building A Garage

I have recently purchased my childhood home, built in 1895 and I'm going through renovating the main house. I'd also like to tear down the existing garage and build a new garage. Does anyone know what I could expect to pay for a 20 wide by 24 deep garage with no storage above, just a simple garage. Any advice would be great!
  • September 21 2009 - North Attleboro
  • 0

What is the cost of turning a existing garage into a bedroom?

Not familiar with prices in your area, but here in so cal I could have that done for 18 to 20k.  However if you would like to pay 60k I would be happy to fly in and do it  for you myself.lol.

Sharon,

Congratulations on the purchase!  I just wanted to weigh in on this topic as $60,000 is far too high for what you have described.  However, North Attleboro is a very different place than Southern California so I think $18,000-$20,000 is a bit too low considering the difference in climate.

Assuming that you have a truly "simple" garage in mind, I think you would come in at about $25,000.  However, my estimate as well as the others are complete shots in the dark without a set of plans to do a take off from.  Let me know if you have any other questions!

Best,

Devlin

We charge $26000.00 for the garage dimensions you described.

[Off topic removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]