Profile picture for KAFLETCH

Could someone give a quick estimate if I had to remodel a Kitchen, 2BA, and remodel Basement with BA

Could someone give a quick estimate if I had to remodel a Kitchen, 2BA, and remodel Basement with adding a bathroom. Thanks

fginvestors@gmail.com
  • June 08 2011 - Curtis Bay
  • 0

Profile picture for ExpectFirstClass
KAFLETCH - pretty vague question.  I've purchased, remodeled, and flipped property and had my standard numbers - and that's based upon my local market south of Boston.  It was also based on specific work to be done.  I had a set price for a "standard" kitchen based on cabinetry, flooring, lighting, drywall and plaster, counters, sinks, appliances, etc.

Same goes for the bathrooms...and it depends on the market you're targeting.  Some finishes are more than others and certain regions of the country prefer different finishes.  Do windows need to be done and, if so, what region of the country are you in?  Will you put in double-hung insulated vinyl windows or straight aluminum - this will depend on where in the country you are.

Without knowing the condition of the property (do walls, ceilings, floors need to be replaced, patched, or just refinished), very difficult question to answer.

If you're an investor, I suggest building a relationship with a general contractor or other more seasoned investor and looking at property together (and offer to share the profits) or find an agent with the CIAS designation who can help you to establish those relationships and analyze the property like an investment.

Hi Curtis, it all depends on what improvements you are doing.  You can spend a few thousand on a bathroom to many thousands.  In a bathroom if the cabinets are in great shape you can paint them and replace hardware then put a new counter top on.  Same with kitchen.  A basement can be 20 thousand and up depending on space.  I just spent $2,700 on a new shower but someone else installed it.

The best bet is to have someone come out and give you and estimate for teh basement.  The other jobs depend on how much you want to do.  If you are doing this for marketing the home for sale I wouldn't 'over do' it. 

Wish there was a better answer but there isn't a way to give a price for that without knowing how far you want to go with it all.  Best of luck!