Counter offer questionWe have an offer on our FSBO and will counter with a higher price, however we are going to be building our own house this year once we sell. We'd like to add a contingency that the buyers would have to wait till we got our house plan appraisal back to be sure we have sufficient money for the home build. It will take about 1 month from today before we have the answer. Is this an unreasonable contingency? We don't want to sell if we come up short on the appraisal of our new home. By that time, the buyers would have their appraisal and inspection done with an expected closing on June 1st. Timing would seem to match for both parties, but we don't want to lose a sale. I'm guessing we'll have to roll the dice and hope our appraisal comes in good. thanks.April 13 2012 - US00YesReport a ProblemProblemSelect oneOffensive contentIrrelevant contentSpam (pure self-promotion)OtherDetailsYour emailPlease enter a valid email address.Submit CancelContent flaggedWe will review this content. Thanks for helping make the site more useful to everyone. To learn more, read Zillow's Good Neighbor Policy.We're sorry. This service is temporarily unavailable. Please come back later and try again.