Profile picture for Stuckonstage

Credit Card balances and employment....

My husband and I are looking at buying a slightly used mobile home on some property. Our credit is fair, but our income is meager. Also, my husband has only been at his current job for six months, but has been in the same industry for close to seven years. Is there an absloute length of employment for eligibilty to be approved for an FHA loan? Also, I've heard conflicting numbers in terms of down payment with FHA...it has been brought to my attention that because of our credit score of 664, that 10% will need to be put down, without question. Is this absolute? And, is there any special/different requirements for purchasing a Mobile home as opposed to a permenant home? One last question...Is it, again, an absolute to have credit cards paid down to a percentage, to be approved? I know this is a hefty list of questions. Any information would be most helpful! Thank you!

April 16 2013 - Friendship

The only way to know for certain if you qualify is to contact a lender.  Many of them have online applications that you can fill out.  Good luck!