Profile picture for dani071

Credit Repair in Indianapolis, IN

Looking to get pre approved for a mortgage within a year. Credit needs help, scores are around 510-520 range. Want to be proactive and start this immediately. I think it could easily be cleaned up. Some collections, smaller amounts, and I do have 1 judgement. Looking for advice from a reputable credit repair service or lender in the Indianapolis area. Looking to be more rural, possibly interested in a USDA loan program. Thanks!
  • April 04 - Indianapolis
  • 0

In regards to your credit, there are things you can do yourself as far as paying off all collections and judgment's and writing letters to the credit depositories, I also have a company I use to help with this process. They are reputable and fairly cheap. Please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help you.
  • April 10

I don't know a specific time frame of how soon the scores will be updated. Could be immediate or it could take up to 6 months. They won't be wiped off your report but will show as be satisfied which will help your cause.

-Scott
  • April 07

Getting valid judgements and collections removed from your credit report is next to impossible (even after settling).   Having them in the history as settled presents an accurate picture of your use of credit over the years.    Getting incorrect information removed is possible
  • April 07

Profile picture for dani071
Hi!

Thank you so much for the advice. I do have a more specific question? I know when you pay or settle out a collection or judgement it still appears on your credit report but with a "paid" or settled status. 

Is this still ok for the lender to accept? Im sure to have it removed or deleted is much better, but I have heard just as long as they are all paid or satisfied you can still get pre approved. 

Im probably looking at about $8,000 worth of debt to be paid or settled. Is a year realistic, considering I have the money to take care of all of it? Just wondering how long it takes for scores to boost? I have heard positive trade lines are the quickest way to increase credit score, of course along with paying the other collections off.  
I have a current student loan that is current and reported, as well as a secured credit card.

Thanks for your help!
  • April 07

the comment below is correct and as a lender I will add that you want to get the judgement payed for and satisfied as well as the collections. Any lender will need to see these taken care in order to lend you money. These will help boost your scores along with making your current payments on credit cards, car payments etc. to help boost your scores.

Keep in mind that the investors on the loans are the outsie looking in and look at your credit report and if you have any outstanding collections or judements that you owe, they will be reluctant to lend you more money if you haven't paid your current debts owed.

Good luck and best wishes!
-Scott
  • April 07

Check out INHP. They are very inexpensive to work with. They are really good at what they do and if you complete there program a lot of the lenders they use have special rates and incentives for you.
  • April 07