Profile picture for twolittlehorses4me

Credit Union recommeded your site to find the value of my home? Where do I start? I am selling.

December 17 2009 - Pleasant Grove East

Here at Zillow, you can get what they call a "zestimate" of your home value, but for accurate information about what would be the best listing price for your property, I highly recommend you contact a realtor.  Good luck and have a wonderful holiday season!

I am gonna refrain from my usual comedic comment about finding a new credit union if they suggested you come here for the "value" of your home.

I am assuming that if your credit union sent you here you may be considering a short sale? (please inform us)

Well, as Sunny stated zillow is a starting point for your research. your best bet would be to contact a local agent for a CMA or hire an appraiser.

If you are newer to the site, the FAQ for homeowners may also be helpful here. There are links tell you how to edit your home information, post photos, claim your home etc.

Zillow does not give market values or appraisals, but they do have a Zestimate of value. You can read more about what that is here. On Zillow, you can go here type your address in the box next to the"Find Homes" menu and hit the blue GO button. You should see a map and Zestimate value come up if Zillow has one available. Zillow is a good place to start doing some research. You can also ask an agent for a CMA or hire an appraiser for a more specific idea of value. Hope the links help. 

My Best advise it to contact a Reeal Estate Agent in your area and they will provide you with a Market Evaluation of your home. I can put you in touch with a Qualified Professional in your area! Merry Xmas