Credit authorization

I applied for mortgage and authorized lender to check my credit. I wrote on authorization that it is valid for next 20 days. Are they allowed to pull credit after 20 days? I live in Illinois. My loan is approved and closing would be by end of year. It is new construction home and I was supposed to approve by builders lender before they start construction.  I might look for another lender for comparison.

• October 07 2012 - Naperville
  • 0

Not 100% sure I understand your question. But, when I check a borrowers
credit its good for 90 days. There is no reason to do another check in 20 days.Your authorization to check credit should just be for inital request . 

My question is can lender pull my credit after 20 days or not?

If you wish to get a loan from the lender, they will need to pull your credit just before the loan funds.   If you've blocked this, there may be issues (because they won't fund without rechecking at the last minute).  Please talk to the lender directly.