Crime rate in Decatur @ US-95 (Meadows Mall) area ?

I'm about to purchase a condo in the area of Meadows mall at Decatur south of the US-95. I was just wondering how this area is crime-wise? Does anyone have experience living there? Is it relatively safe or unsafe?
  • October 26 2012 - Las Vegas
  • 0

I am always amazes when I see someone post that an area of town is horrible. Agent are not allowed to steer buyers towards or away from particular areas. Please refer to the local police department interactive crime maps if you need to research a particular area.

Jeffrey Sklar

Thanks Karl!

I once again tried to give thumbs up, but it still doesn't let me.  Robert was to receive the thumbs up.  Grrrr..

Karl is correct it is illegal for an agent to steer you to one neighborhood over another. That is why I provided the links below so you can educate yourself on the various communities around town.

If I were Honesty Sells (below) I would delete my post ASAP, as it is a blatant steering comment.

Best Regards,
Robert Adams

Realtors can not advise and state comments about this.  You will need to do a bit of due diligence on the issue, as this could fall under steering and thus un-ethical practice.

If you have specific address you are interested in you can read below to check recent crimes and school ratings in that area. 

Please see the following links to check crimes that have occurred recently around addresses that you plug in. 

The Las Vegas Metropolitan Police website covering Clark County and the City of Las Vegas, has a page where you can search crime statistics. We've included the link below. 
http://69.69.103.31/crimeviewcommunity/ 

For areas covered by N. Las Vegas police: 
http://www.cityofnorthlasvegas.com/departments/police/CrimeS… 

For the City of Henderson: 
http://www.cityofhenderson.com/police/crime_search.php 

This is the link to the Clark County School District. Again, you can enter in the address you are interested in and it will pull up the schools zoned for that specific house. There are reports and ratings on each school, this will give you a better idea of how well that each school is performing. Once you enter the address, you can click on the school name, then click on the school website and on their front page look for the "2010-2011 Accountability Report". This will give you very detailed information on each school and how they are performing. 
http://ccsd.net/schools/zoning/search/ 

Best Regards, 
Robert Adams 
Broker/Salesman 

Profile picture for Honesty Sells
Horrible location! 

There are a variety of crime maps out there; the crime shows as higher in that area than other areas. 

www.lvmpd.com

Go to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Departments website (above) and you can view crimes on a map. 

I don' live in the area and I am not familiar with if it is safe or not safe. I can recommend these web sites so you will have better information on that area. www.neighborhoodscout.com www.lvmpd.com I hope this information will help answer your question. Imhave been a resident of Las Vegas since 1971 and I have raised 2 daughters here. Las Vegas is a great place to live. Thank You Suzie Marquardt