Profile picture for agroa

Current zillow estimate on my home value

My home's value in the 21224 zip code is estimated at $192,000 by zillow. My neighbor's home is estimated to be $202,000, a difference of $10,000. I have two bathrooms while he has 1.5. My home's square footage is higher than his. WHat accounts for this differential. Is there something I need to update about my home's profile so that it accurately reflects the market? If so, where should I update this information. I would appreciate a response at agroa@YAHOO.COM.  Thanks,
Mary Rao
  • May 29 2012 - Canton
  • 0

Hi Mary, you can change/update your home's profile, which may or may not change your "Zestimate" over the next few months (it took one of my clients' homes 8 weeks to update the Zestimate.) The Zillow logarithm includes when you bought the house, and what you bought it for, so if you have had yours longer, Zillow often estimates that it is worth less, which won't change even if you update the home's profile.
Just know that in the Baltimore area, Zestimates are often off -- sometimes by a large amount!
Sincerely,
Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty