Profile picture for seankovali

Currently I am sub-dividing my property into two buildable lots approx. 1/2 to 5/8 acres each

the engineering will be finished and approved for construction in early to mid 2014, they have public water and sewer, I would like to pre sell the lots and then build to suit, I am a contractor and built my home on the property as well so I am going to be the acting GC, question: can I sell the lots first, close on them and then who ever I sell them to have them finance the construction of the home and pay me via bank draws through out the process of the construction process and are there any realistate agents out there that aren't out to rape and pillage me through the process and are experienced in this particular process, I am also interested in selling the existing home with the lots priced into the package, before the engineering is complete, my engineer would be available to answer any questions or concerns. statewidedb@aol.com

October 18 2013 - Pasadena

I think this could work provided the costs for doing this are not out of line, compared to other similar homes. This will be the pivotal point in being able to get this idea sold to buyers. In my  experience, this type of project can easily end up being much too expensive for the average buyer and frightening to them.
You might consider this option:
Build the homes, in advance and list the properties for sale( separately) after they are built. Hire a professional Realtor to market and sell them fo ryou.
 You would then be selling three homes, and in your area, I would think you could do quite well that way.