DC Earnest Money Deposit in DC

What is the typical Earnest Money Deposit in Washington, DC. If I purchase a house for $55,000, what would you suggest?    
  • October 10 2013 - Washington
  • 0

There is no minimum.  It depends on what the seller will accept.  I would suggest at least $1000 to show your serious about the transaction.  

Profile picture for Outer Banks N C
$500 to 800 would be where I would suggest at a minimum. Making a $100 earnest money offer does not put much of your money in the game to prevent you from walking away from the deal. As a sellers agent I would ask for more from you.

tim

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
In my market if you are making an initial offer at that price then $500 -$1,000 should be fine as a good faith deposit.  If the seller wants to counter and require more they can.

If you wanted to go in with $100 that's fine too. There is no typical or normal.  Everything is negotiable.