Profile picture for Julie Wyss

DIYers: When undertaking a remodel such as a kitchen or bath, do you try to recycle materials?

• July 09 2014 - Almaden Valley
  • 1

I remodeled my 1955 kitchen and only reused the newer oven and garbage disposal.  It can be hard to reuse cabinets if going for a different look.  It really depends on what exactly you are doing in the remodel.  To save money and resources it is always good to reuse and recycle but sometimes you just can't.

Profile picture for sarahleonard
Great question Julie!

I am not very handy, but I think if you can re-use or re-purpose something, why not do it?  There might be some great uses for old cabinets or fixtures.  I'm sure there are plenty of ideas on Pinterest!