Date for Upcoming Open House?

My realtor says this weekend, Aug 18/19 is much better than Aug. 25/26, or Sep. 8/9.  I feel like I'm not quite ready and would prefer to wait, but don't want to lose the best opportunity.  What do you think?
  • August 13 2012 - Rockville
  • 0

It depends if you are located in a vacation spot or not.  A holiday open house can have pluses and minuses.  If you are not ready and do not have the house ready.  I would not have an open house on it.  Like said before in one of the comments prior.  There is no impression like the first impression.  If you throw your house together for an open house, it could back fire. 

School will be in session the week following the 25th.  If your home is ready to show you may see more prospects if you hold it the weekend of the 18th.

I feel it's best to hold the Open House when the home is absolutely ready to be shown.  There's no impression like the first impression!  Labor Day weekend would be the only time I'd be hesitant unless you live in a popular vacation destination.  Good Luck!

I think its a great date! I actually just scheduled an open house on the 19th. for one of my listings today. Good Luck with it.