Profile picture for bblayse

Debt to Income Ratio

Hello I am interested in purchasing a home in Connecticut, I make about $43-$45,000 a year before some deductions. I am a student, and my student loans are deferred and will be for about a few more years, so how will these student loans affect how much house I can afford? How much house will I be able to afford?
  • November 11 2013 - New Haven
  • 0

[Content removed due to promotion. Please refer to our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

Speak to a local lender - if you'd like a recommendation, feel free to contact me.  They'll be able to really give you an answer based on more than just DTI.

With the information given there's no way we can predict the answer.

--
- This is not legal advice and is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.  The post is only an opinion.  You should speak to an attorney for further information.  The poster is licensed only in CT & NY.    If this post is useful to you, please remember to upvote it.

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Speak with a mortgage lender and have them assess your current debt load against your income.  The mortgage originator can determine whether or not the future payments on the student loans are an issue now.