Profile picture for homebuyer19821

Denial after Full Underwriter Approval

OK - so I'm a glass half empty person.  It's my nature to doubt everything I'm told and think the worst is always going to happen.  So, we build a beautiful house, our builder finances it, we did pre-approval and I found out on 9/5 the comments below from our mortgage loan officer.  As far as I'm reading, there are no issues with us closing on 9/13 - 36 hours from now.  I can't sleep I'm freaking out about us not getting this house. Advice?  THANKS!

We have gotten full approval through underwriting, so that means everything you've gotten to us is approved.

We are just doing some "behind the scenes" types of things now – waiting for title work, etc.  If we need anything else from you, we'll let you know but we should be good on your end of the purchase. 

A day or so before the closing we'll contact you to review the final numbers, once we have figures from the builder as the seller. 

• September 11 2013 - Solon
  • 0

When we approve a home loan, I send a copy of the Loan Commitment to all parties, especially the borrower. In addition, when the rate is locked, as a matter of good business practice, I forward the Loan Confirmation to the the borrower. This way the borrower has something tangible. I expect your you LO hasn't handed over the goods so you would have the warm and fuzzies. If the LO had done so, you might have been converted to a glass half full kinda person.

Best of Luck!

Loan Officers are commission based. If there was an issue, they would be all over you trying to clear it up. From what you posted, seems OK to me. But Hamp is right,....until you're closed,...things can change. 

wow they are waiting for title 36 hours before closing? title should have been in a week into the application being done.

Everything else seems ok but depending on the lender, you may not get a commitment letter till everything has been approved, Loan docs, title, appraisal etc.

Hopefully title comes back clear but you shoudl be fine otherwise.

You're never "fully" approved until the closing papers are signed. Things can happen. If no further requests for info have been made then you must be moving forward. Ask your LO for a copy of the commitment letter from the Lender. If the LO balks then get anxious.

If the underwriter is still reviewing it there won't be a commitment letter. That comes after underwriting is done and made happy. It all looks good - don't go out an buy a new Cadillac (I had a buyer do that once and it shot down the loan).

Profile picture for homebuyer19821
I have so much paperwork - but I am not finding anything called a "mortgage commitment letter".  Our loan officer has to be getting frustrated, I email her every few days checking on things but this time I haven't replied back since the 5th.  I guess I'll just wait and see tomorrow.

Have you gotten a mortgage commitment letter? The comments from your loan officer look pretty straightforward.