Profile picture for thewrench

Denied for a HAMP by Ocwen....

My loan was through Homecomings, but has switched to Ocwen. We applied for a HAMP because we are falling behind on mortgage payments and students loans are now due to be repaid. In addition, my hours were severely cut at work. We were denied a HAMP modification because it seems that Ocwen only services our loan, they do not own it. Apparently US Bank National Association owns our mortgage, and they do not participate in the HAMP program. We have looked into refinancing, because our interest rate is truly horrendous, but we have a bankruptcy on our record. Does any one have any suggestions on a path we can take?
  • November 04 2013 - South Whitehall Township
  • 0

I'm sorry to hear that you cannot get a modification.  How long ago was your bankruptcy discharged, have you been more than 30 days late on your current mortgage, and do you owe more on your home than what your home is worth?  The answers to these questions will help determine if you are eligible for any sort of refinance loan.  I specialize in the HARP program which is the refinance version of HAMP.   You may also qualify for an FHA loan depending on how long ago your bankruptcy was discharged.  Please contact me with the answers to my questions directly through my profile and I'd be happy to speak with you directly.  Thanks!