Denied modification by Harris bank. Do not qualify for refinance because of credit

We were denied by Harris after months of attempting to modify. We are now greatly behind on mortgage our credit is affected and can not refinance due to credit. We were told we were denied because of our gross income not being in the 31%. We are literally in negative weekly. Any suggestions?
  • December 11 2012 - Orland Park
  • 0

I would contact the Illinois Housing authority.  They may have an answer for you. http://www.keepyourhomeillinois.org/

Otherwise, your only options would be short sale or let the home go into foreclosure, both of which probably are not great.  There are implications to both of these options.  But if you want an opinon on what your home can go for, I would be happy to give you some numbers even over the phone.  Please look at my profile and feel free to contact me.

You need to get a foreclosure defense attorney.give me a call I can refer [Phone removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

You have 30 day lates reporting on your credit? If so there is not much you can do but try and go up the chain with the company that told you not to make the payments.