Design Advice wanted for old stone on intereior and exterior of home.

Is there any option to update the stone work without tearing it down? I know we could cover with drywall but I was hoping for smaller stones that would update the look. 

• July 12 2012 - South Los Angeles
  • 0

Have you considered the stone veneers?  They come in large sheets and are a poly/plastic material so they are very light weight and easy to install.

My clients painted the stone white on the interior. It's less noticeable and what very inexpensive to acomplish.

I am not aware of any process that would fit your needs. The only thing I can think of - outside of the box thinking here - would be some sort of blasting work done to alter the color/texture.

Best of luck!

Profile picture for De Luz Agents
    I had a neighbor hire a painter that specializes in "  trompe l'oeil ". Translation -  to fool the eye.
    Their rock looked just like yours. It is now updated and looks beautiful.
    The painter lives in Temecula California. I can obtain her number for you if you are interested.
    Contact me through the profile if you would like her number.  I might not get the request through Zillow.