Profile picture for auctionsaver

Did I just waste $300 worth of painting supplies?

For the FHA home inspection, we had to fix a concrete floor, install two railing and scrape and repaint a peeling detached garage (1000 Sq Feet).  The seller did the first two, and I agreed to do the garage.  I am not living there yet, so there is a limited period of time when I am able to do this and am closing in 16 days (8/30).  We started at 10am (power washed it 2 days prior).  I added 5 gallons of behr ext primer.  I added the top coat (behr ext enamel semi gloss) to each wall at 3pm, 3:30pm and 4pm.  It was supposed to rain overnight starting around 10pm with only a 10% chance until then. 

IT STARTED TO RAIN A LITTLE AT 6pm for about two hours.  Then 2 hours of dry. It has been raining light to medium off and on since around 2am through til this afternoon.

The worste part is that I won't see the damage until Tuesday when I get back to finish up some trim areas.

PS:  I did check the weather.  It wasn't supposed to rain until late.  I was.  No other way to get it done in time for a reinspection.  Next weekend is out because he is having a last party at his old house (current owner) this weekend.  Also, I am working.

August 14 2011 - Southeast

All parties are going to have to agree to an extension on the closing date (in order to get the required repair done and re-inspected).  But, yes...if the paint job was washed out,  the $300. is  also washed out.