Do I Need a Property Tax Lawyer?

I have Recently Buyed a new Farm House and Taxes on that is too high according to the actual price of that property, so to get reduction on my property tax. Do I need a Property tax lawyer?
Please Help…..
  • March 02 2012 - USA
  • 0

Here's the page from the Mobile County Revenue Commission on instructions for requesting a reassessment of your property.

The first request for a reappraisal probably wouldn't require an attorney but if it was necessary to go further up the appeal process you may decide that you would want representation.

Unfortunately the money you might get (not guaranteed) on a reappraisal might end up being spent on an attorney - if not more. And you would have to show proof as to why the property is overvalued and not just because you feel the taxes are too high.