Profile picture for kurt_63_vette

Do I have any rights when the seller and (P&K Law, Townson) missed closing twice?

I have a contract to purchase property in Maryland.  The land is part of an estate sale and law firm didn't send documents and HUD-1 to the state for title release of lien.  Twice we were within hours of scheduled closing and both times, my agent contact seller's agent to find out that he knew that closing wouldn't happen because the law office hadn't contacted the state and told her to cancel our closing.  Now, he wants my agent and I to submit for an extension again.  State of Maryland office for the lien release attorney has not heard from the estate law office.  Online real estate pages list the property as off the market.  I am looking at contacting the state attorney general's office about the unethical law and real estate practices and not sure other what else I should do.  Any advise?   Truly believe the extensions are not mine or my agents action to initiate. Want to clear specify the law office is the sole reason for missed closing dates. 
  • September 04 - Darlington
  • 0

Profile picture for kurt_63_vette
Thank you. Sounds great. First thing in the morning.
  • September 04

Sounds like grounds for a Bar complaint. The attorney may not listen to you, but professional conduct REQUIRES them to keep in contact in an appropriate way when they conduct business. I would kick the Bar and see if they snap to when they understand you are serious about holding them to their professional duties.
  • September 04