Profile picture for MadalynBillings

Do I have to have an escrow hold back with a Freddie Mac Conventional loan on a forclosure?

the appraiser was sent back to do a second appraisal and classified the house the same c4, however metions its a c5 at one point in 2nd appraisal..., changed what the renovations in the past to none as opposed to his previous statement of remodeled last year. The first appraisal was "as is". Now the same day I have a home he appraised 10k more(with no change in the property )and said with the minimal work it would be 30k. But now I have to have a hold back . I don't think this is ethical or legal? I have an email that wasn;t supposed to be sent to me from the underwriter saying that the appraiser didn't do what she asked of him... This is a freddie mac. Originally rehab loan now conventional I have 5 percent down. 
  • August 07 2014 - Yakima
  • 0

To be honest to answer this I'd need to clarify the situation a little more with you over the phone.  The short answer to your title question is no, an escrow hold-back is not a requirement when buying a foreclosure.  It IS however a great way to get into a home that's too rough to pass a conventional or FHA loan.