Profile picture for dipuliza

Do I need inspection following AC replacement?

My AC unit was replaced by a local company through Fidelity warranty. I paid $550. The guy who came and worked told me that now I need an inspection for some permit that will cost me ~400. Does that make sense?
  • October 30 2013 - La Crescenta-Montrose
  • 0

The best way of starting any A/C repair is having a thorough A/C inspection of the components as the problem can start from a number of things. After checking components like the belts, the hoses and the related connections, the next step is a visual inspection of the A/C compressor

If installation of the replacement required a permit, you will need to have an inspection to close out the permit.   Usually the local company does this and includes the costs in the price of replacement, but as you are using a home warranty they may have short changed you.