Profile picture for vqminh

Do I need legal document to use $100k my parents sent me from Vietnam to buy a house?

Do my parents need to prove their source of income in order for me to use it to buy a house?
  • January 02 2009 - Milpitas
  • 0

You have mail

You might consider asking this in the mortgage section here for more responses from loan officers and mortgage brokers. I would think you might have to disclose the source of the funds to the bank. Usually, they won't let you get "gifted" more than a certain amount, but maybe there's an exception for out of country monies, I don't know. It's worth finding out about though. 

Profile picture for vqminh
I'm looking for $450 k in Milpitas. My income is $100k. Thank you. What kind of verification should I expect?

It depends on which lender is used.  With 30% down in CA I know of a lender where the assets are not verified; however, you still have to qualify when it comes to income...  Where are you looking to purchase and at what price?